Friday, May 25, 2007

This ain't fun, but tis interesting.

Hi all, tis Ol' JRK meself here this morning; finally able to sit at the desktop PC for a short time and connect again. Thanks to all of you who've called, sent cards or flowers, or emails... each one has brightened my days and made me glad to know you took the time to let me know you be thinking of me. I can feel the prayer support so strongly; it would be impossible for me to be this content and calm if it were left up to my own weak soul to sustain me. With the prayer support of family and friends, I know The Lord is with me, The Spirit reminds me of that fact, and the angels are working 24/7 to block the fiery darts of discouragement, self-pity, etc that can sneak into one's soul in such a time as this. Thank YOU, Jesus, for holding me in the palm of your hand!!!
Today I expect the OT, PT and lab people to show up. I am still on blood thinner due to the blood clot in 1999, so the blood level still has to be monitored frequently post op. The OT lady wants to work on "getting stuff out of the fridge" soon. The PT lady wants to me walk to the drive-way today. All huge goals I am sure. I am experiencing severe right shoulder pain at times due to using my arms so much to move around in bed, sit up, stand up, use the walker; and I have a left back pain problem that comes from who-knows-where; it is so severe that just touching it can make me cry. PT says it is a "lat" muscle, and I need to apply ice to shoulder and back frequently. Then there are those "exercises" for right leg to do... some are easy, some are a bitch and hurt the knee. But all in all, the recovery is going along as it should for me I reckon. It ain't fun, but it is interesting!
Just have 2 words for you before I go: PROTECT YOUR HIPS... so you won't need a replacement someday.
later,
Gr Jayne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad U R able to blog again. I remember now.. when I came home from knee surgery, the skin was rubbed off my elbows (using my arms to move around in bed).. so be careful of that! The trick to liking PT is having a totally handsome guy doing it for you (I did). Those are the days I made sure to 'put on my face' and comb my hair! Keep up the good work.. U CAN DOIT!

Anonymous said...

Sure glad you are up and moving..as for elbows - what about those cute green slip ons with elastic at each end to protect the elbows?? ask you PT for some.. It will only get better from here so keep up the good work.. I'm proud of ya. U will enjoy your new hip in time. I sure do..
Love ya,

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jaynie! It was a hard two weeks, but you done good! I am prayin that those aches and pains go away soon. You are the strongest, wonderfulest, beautifulest, funniest, perseveringest sister I could ever have! It was a pleasure helping you these past weeks. We laughed our butts off, and many more are in our future. (laughs not butts)So, don't give up. You will feel great soon! Joan