Sunday, May 20, 2007

Laugh with us, not at us!

Joan here again. O.K., I just HAVE to tell this. Don't tell me that funny things don't happen even when someone is seriously recouperating from a major event. When I got to Jayne's this afternoon, she told me this story and I laughed myassoff and so did she. Mike didn't. Here it is: Recently, Mike has been going to church with longtime family friend Joe. But instead of leaving Jayne to go to church today, Mike told Joe to come over, they'd do a little Bible study and Mike would fix breakfast. However, Jayne got up fairly early and by the time Joe came over, she had to go back to bed. She had her cell phone with her and the plan was she'd call the home phone in the kitchen if she needed anything. Her bedroom door was shut so she could rest peacefully in quiet solitude. After a while, she had to use RR, so she dialed the phone. Mike and Joe were sizzling bacon, talking, and didn't answer it. Jayne leaves this message: "This is the patient in room 101 A, and I need help!" The men hear the muffled message, think it is ME calling from MY house and being funny, so they IGNORE it! Jayne sits up on the side of the bed waiting for Mike to come in and watch her get up so she feels safer, but no one comes in! She wonders, "What-the-hell?" FINALLY, in comes Mike with a plate of food and says cheerfully, "Here's your breakfast!" She asks him, "Didn't you hear my phone call?" and he tells her he thought it was Joan and he could call me later. Now I'm not tellin this story to embarrass anyone, I am tellin it for the laugh factor. Ya'al gotta admit that it is funny as all get out, and no one got hurt! Jayne says the next time they set up the "phone system" and she has to leave a message, well, let's just say it will be a "LOUD unmistakably Jayne message" that Mike will be sure to recognize. ............about Jayne: mornings are hard as she is pretty stiff and in pain after sleeping all night, but it gets a wee bit better in the afternoon after getting up a few times and doing those exercises. She was in good spirits when I saw her this afternoon. I will be there everyday this week, too, unless Mike kicks me out and Jayne gets sick of me! bye for now

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayne... forget about the "phone arrangement"... get an airhorn. That'll get Mike's attention!! Glad you get loosened up by afternoon... it will get better & better... trust me! We think of you each day but want you to feel real good before we bug you. Love ya...

Jordan(: said...

hahah!!! my grandpa wont even hear the horn!!!

Anonymous said...

You're probably right, Poo Poo Platter. I forgot yer grandpa is an old man and deaf in 1 & 1/2 ears...

Sasquatch said...

OK Dad. Your'e allowed ane like this evry now and then! HAHA Very funny story. Just remember, we are not laughing at you, we are CRACKING UP at you! Seriously though, for all you do this buds for you! (OK, MGD for you!)