Sunday, May 06, 2007

Thank You God for this life we enjoy!

Yesterday I went with Joan, Wendy and Cierra to The Groves and Farmers Market in LA. It looks so different now, but in the older sections of the Farmers Market, I could just picture my Dad and my Gram sitting at a table, enjoying the different foods and people watching. We went there so often with them when we were growing up! It was a treat to see it again and see the new part called The Groves. I spotted Officer Rapatti in her wheel chair so I went to thank her for sharing her story and being an example of courage to many people! She was so gracious and thanked me too! She is an LAPD officer who was shot while on duty by some punk; she ended up paraplegic. Extreme Home Makeover TV show redid her home for her and her little girl and husband; they set her up with a complete wheelchair accessible home! It was amazing. She is a beautiful lady and I hope God blesses her with much happiness in spite of her abrupt change in life and how she planned to live it. Any of us can have the course of our lives changed in the blink of an eye... by the weather, job loss,injury, illness, death. etc. I pity the people who cannot look to God in belief that He will be there in ALL situations, and that we are just here because of HIM. I am happiest when I can look up and say with absolute assurance, "Yes, this is a bitch, Lord, but show me how to get through this thing, and with your help, I will ultimately be content again".
So, it was so cool to see Officer Rapatti out and about. Later, we ate at a Deli in Hollywood... and what a lucky day! We saw Jon Lovitz (you know, the ol' SNL guy and actor who is a comedian and shouts and gestures wildy trying to be funny). He was sitting in a front booth when walked in the Deli, and he was sitting across from a blonde gal, and he was shouting at her and gesturing wildly, but looked serious. I was so hoping to see Tom Selleck or Mark Harmon, or Wilford Brimley or Steve Carrell, but , alas, they were not there. and I did look!! Beleive me. Anything to get the vision of Jon Lovitz off the brain.
A week ago Saturday, Joan went with me to a Bill Gaither and Friends concert at the Anaheim Ducks arena. Gaither has had much success showcasing the old Southern Gospel singers and Quartets, and I thank our friends Mikey and Colleen for introducing us to "Gaither " music a few years ago. The Gaither Vocal Band is great! So many of the old Gospel singers have gone Home to Heaven: The Goodmans, Jake Hess, Hovie Lister, Blackwood Borthers, and J.D. Sumner who sang with Elvis. Gaither sponsors new young groups and the best is Ernie Haas' Signature Sound! I love the Isaacs as well, and other solo singers Gaither sponsors. It was a great 4 hr concert, and the CDs and DVDs I have of that kind of music help me reduce pain and heal in many ways! That was a treat to see some of them in person last week.
Life is good during this season!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sounds like a good day! Any more trips planned before the big day?