Monday, May 07, 2007

Happy Nurses Week to all!!

This is Nurses Week, and I want to say Thanks to ALL the nurses out there who've ever nursed someone back to health, or sat beside someone as they were dealing with illness, or spent months, days or hours next to a loved one while they were dying, or who ever took care of their own sorry self when they were ill! SO..... that includes ALL OF US!! A nurse can be defined as "someone who nurtures or fosters". The dictionary doesn't say you have to have a "licence" or a "degree" to do this. So to ANYONE reading this, I say, "Thanks for being a nurse!!". My primary nurse now is Mike. And he is the BEST ever! He thinks of things I need when I cannot think at all. It will be to Mike's credit and God's grace and mercy that I will recover well from surgery. Mike has made it easy for me to go to Kaiser to work 3 times a week for the past few years in spite of the leg problems; that's been my only job... Mike does everything else!! So, where would all we physically hapless people be without our nurses??? I thank God for you all! HAPPY NURSES WEEK!!! (This included you Joan, Kim and Jordan, even tho you want to puke at the thought of being a "nurse")

No comments: