Saturday, May 12, 2007

First 24 hours

It's been a whole 24 hours since I was wheeled out of recovery. Wish I could fastforward time to 24 days. I am in a private room now, not the same room nor phone number on last blog. The roommate had t.v. blaring all night even when she was SNORING. Now if those tings keep me awake, it will be me making the racket. Hoping to sleep for real from now on. Had hot turkey for lunch and it was good, but roast for dinner was yuck. oh, guess what? if I try to move.......it hurts! oh yeah, I think I remember that that was likely to happen. Pain meds are helping. I received a pint of my own blood back today. platelettes had a welcome-back party and all were doin a jig. Mike showed up again at 3 this afternoon. I had him tell family to not come to see me today. maybe tomorrow be better. I got all cleaned up and took all pills doc ordered. and Mike stayed til about 7 P.M. Thank God for Mike, doctors, pills, nurses male and female, advances in medical procedures, pills, electric beds, pills, family, friends and did I mention pills? Long may they do their jobs!!!! and God's blessings to you all. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts and encouragements. Now I tink I'll go see the insides of my eyelids and see what my brain is dreaming about tonight. Nite ya'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are in a private room. Now only your own snoring will wake you. I know P.T. will be in today to get you up... and you do need to do that. So be tough... I know you can do it. I talked to Shirley... will fill you in later. We're thinking of you a lot and praying for your fast fast fast recovery. Love ya, Mz Syl

Anonymous said...

I tried to call that nbr and found out you were not there.. but the nioe man talked to me and he is doing good.
Do what PT tells you even tho you want to hit them with your walker or cane.. you are tough and all the prayers will see you through.