Friday, May 11, 2007

SURGERY SUCCESS !!!!

I made it! Oh Happy Day!! 10 A.M.: Mike drove me to Kaiser. 10:30 to 1:30 I was in pre-op room thinkin "Let's git this show on the road". (longest three hours ever!) The nurse finally kicked Mike out, and gave me that sleep-potion thru the IV. Next thing I know, I am waking up in recovery and it is about 5 P.M. The doctor told Mike (and Joan, Kim, Jordan and Lorraine) that surgery was three hours and all went well. He took a little extra time to make sure the new leg would not be lengthened (a new hip can slightly lengthen a leg), but mine was already 1/2 inch longer than the polio leg and didn't need to be any longer!!!!! Doc was pleased with his work, as Mike said he smiled so big that they almost needed sunglasses to look at him. Mike asked him, "On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was the hip?" He said, "8". At 6 P.M. I was in Room 4115 B, with visitors, (see above listed happy-supporters-who-helped-me-get-thru-this). Nurses will get me up tomorrow, but now I am all hooked up with vital signs doing well, and a pee-bag! I had a few ice chips, but am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I wanted to see the bandage, so Kim helped me look under covers while Joan and Jordan covered their eyes and said "eewwwwww".
The phone number to my bed is (818) 719-3659. If I don't answer, I am in the hall dancing with the janitors, or maybe in the crapper, or pushing the button that says T.V., radio, bed-up, bed-down, call-nurse on the phone/remote control thingy that does everything all on one handset. Hopefully I'll figure that thing out by Saturday morning. Thanks for your prayers and keep 'em comin till I'm chasin ya with my shillelagh!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Yay!! I'm so glad everything went well! Wish we could be there to see your pee bag. Oh well. Tell mike to take a little video with his camera of you and I'll help him post it so we can see you. Wait - did I just say I would help Mike with an operation that involves a camera and a computer??? Well, for my couragious mother in law I will do my best! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord.. Still praying for your recovery...

don't dance till the third day.. OK

Psyd Effex said...

Jayne- Happy to hear that the surgery went well! You are one brave woman. Here's to a safe and speedy recovery...
Pam

Sasquatch said...

YEA MOM!!!!
We are all very happy for you and proud of you Mom! i am looking forward to hearing about how much better you feel in the coming months. May God bless your recovery and praise Hm for that Doctor!

Anonymous said...

We were so happy to hear the news from Mike last night... good job Doc... and U 2 Mz J. In looking forward to yer next visit to BVS, yesterday I went & bought six chickens... I'm back in the egg business (in about 5 months). Can't wait to name the little darlins after they get a personality. We R so proud of you Mz J & love you much.

Anonymous said...

Oh, happy day(after)Jayne!!! All the anticipation/worry around this event is behind you, and I just know you'll be ready for a jig once that new hip is at home in its socket. Wishing you love and light for this next "leg" of your journey!