Saturday, May 12, 2007

O What a Night

Thanks to my lovely roommate, just call me "Sleepless in Woodland Hills". Good news is: she's being discharged today, ssoooo maybe I will get some rest. Last night, Mike said he'd be back around noon, but he had a premonition and showed up at 8 A.M. to find me in pain and wanting my own room. After turning on my side, breakfast, and pain med, it was better. Then the PT peeps arrived to get me up. Mike was able to observe the detailed process I have to go thru to sit up. Only about 72 movements involved. Can I remember them in all, in order, every time??? Right hand on walker, left hand on bed, or is it the other way around? I sat. I stood. I turned pale. I puked. I lay down again. PT will be back tomorrow. I will be ready. I can do this. Your prayers will lift me up on angel's wings. Mike will be back later this afternoon. Meanwhile, I will sleep, pray, and dream of walking Dublin someday, after I use my cane to prod the roommate's arse out the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I had the good manners not to PUKE on anyone...just passed out! I hope you have one of those "on demand" pain med triggers... so nice. Of course you will have some discomfort for a while... but you will be so-o-o-o much better in just a few days. So keep on truckin'... I know you can do it!!

Anonymous said...

I remember those first few days well.. ouch.. but it did feel good when the nurse would help me to turn on my side.

I didn't puke tho so I can't re-live that memory thank God.
Hang in there girl.. this to shall pass