Thursday, June 07, 2007

Slowly but shirley

It'll be 4 weeks post op tomorrow, and the healing continues... on an up n down road so to speak, just like I remember from surgeries past. Like I always told my surgery patients, expect up n down days because the body heals in different levels at differing times. One day one part hurts, then it won't hurt, then it will; as soon as one area quiets down and isn't talking to you in tears, its next door neighbor sobs wildly and needs attention for a day or two. Now that my right shoulder and back have not had much pain for a few days, the right hip incision area and deep into the hip joint have moaning and bitching contests. Doing the right leg exercises is a challenge because I have to work so hard due to chronic weaknesses but I do what I can and figure every little bit of movement will help eventually. So, the progress is slow but sure, shirley. (Don't call me Shirley!) $100 to anyone who can tell me what movie made that line famous. ('cept Joan who remembers everything.) Yesterday I walked with the walker to the neighbor's driveway on the south, then sat on the walker seat in our driveway for a few minutes to rest... YES I NEEDED TO REST AFTER THAT 20 FOOT WALK.... then I walked to the neighbor's driveway on the north and back. I didn't need the walk, I just wanted to model my newest pj's for the neighbors who may have been watching. I watched a good netflix movie "Charlotte Gray"; a WWII chick flick, I recommend it to all you netflix chicks.
Yesterday I went to the front door and got the mail all by myself! So there ya have it. I am making progress each day, thank God. Joan got a new car and I hope to go for a ride in it tomorrow; my second outing since surgery! I think she told me it is a Mercedes or a Benz or a caddie or a lac or something with four-on-the-floor, overhead cams, duel exhaust... hell I was on drugs when she called to tell me about it... tomorrow I should know more and can report to y'all 'bout it.
til then, live well and be joyful!

3 comments:

Sasquatch said...

AIRPLANE OF COURSE!!!
But you can keep the $100. Glad you are doing well Mom. Kiss my kids for me when you see them.
tj

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a slow process... but will get faster sooner than you think! But U R lucky!! At least you're not confined for 40 DAYS in a 3000 sq. ft. cell (like poor Paris). Oh the injustice of it all... U jes keep up the good work.. and bitch all U want to (Mike is not listening anyway). (I heard Joan will be driving a Yugo.. lucky girl!)

bhmama said...

airplane. ill take the $100. thanks. When is the next pajama fashion show?