Saturday, June 23, 2007

6 weeks post op

Well, Friday was the 6th week post op day! Sure is nice to be farther along in the recovery, but there is a ways to go before "normal again" can be said. Walking without the walker is not happening much yet because I feel too unsteady and fearful of falling. Plus it is not so painful if I walk with support still. When I walk a few steps without the walker, the right leg is painful somewhere deep inside the thigh, and the surgery area is still painful if I bump it. When I sit, I feel like I am sitting on a small lump on the right side, so I have to shift often but that's ok. It's not too comfortable to ride in a car yet, so I haven't been out and about much yet. I did crave Mexican food last Wednesday so Mike took me to eat at one of our local Mexican places. Man, that greasy cheese enchilada, and the beef taco and those refried beans with melted cheese... Hombre! Muy sabrosa!!
Today we went to Joan and Steve's for a few hours. I hadn't been there in 2 months. Things look brand new when you haven't been around in awhile. Bill and Jen and Tyler have been visiting for a week or so, and have to return to Kentucky tomorrow. Bill hadn't been "home" for 2 1/2 yrs; it was good to see them again! Tyler is growing so big and is a great kid!
Jordan is out of school now so we have more time to play board games. I finally beat her at Clue today! But she beat me at Scrabble this week, and I had to go to the bathroom and cry! How could that happen?? Actually I am so proud of her; she's a smart player.
We got to have Autumn here for a few hours again Friday, so we walked and rolled down to Subway for lunch. It's just 2 blocks away. I should get out more in Lucy and venture around the neighborhood, but it's been hot lately and the sun does me in. Thank God for A/C at home.
later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great at my house yesterday, even with Snoopy weaving in and out of the walker's legs while you were headed toward the livingroom! It was hard to tell that you even had surgery! We left for LAX at 3:45 A.M.
It was a mob scene at United, but kids had just enough time to catch 6 A.M. flight to Chicago. They'll be in Lexington and home about 5 P.M. Kentucky time. Heal so you can do a KY-ID trip!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are doing so well. hang in there, it only gets better.