Friday, June 01, 2007

It's June already yet.

Wow. Tis June already. 3 weeks since I was in an ice cold surgery suite getting sliced open, wrenched around, and put back together with new parts. The time has gone by quickly I must say. You may think I don't do much, but my days are full of activity and chores to acomplish. and not enough time to do it all! getting up, having a cup of coffee, leg exercises, sponge bath, changing pj's, reading the paper and doing the daily SuDoKu puzzle; reading the mail, taking vitamins 3 times a day, taking a walk outside (maybe), crocheting, blah blah blah... wow! too much to do. I need a vacation from this recouping routine!
2 days ago we saw the surgeon, who said "Take your time healing; go slow; you'll get there." He changed his tune from the pre-op visit when he told me I'd be driving in 28 days. HA. It is a major event to just get into the passenger car of my van with help! The dr assistant (a gal I used to work with in the call center who now does orthopedic back office work) took out 36 staples from the 8 inch incision... as I hung onto the wall, spoke to her in broken Spanish, gritted my teeth etc, trying to not feel what was going on. She commented that the incision looked exceptionally healthy, no redness, no drainage, no crustiness etc. We told her that when I got home, for 2 weeks I was fed only fruits, vegetables and meats or chicken or fish... no sweets!! In fact, our neighbor had made a plate of brownies and brought it over the day after I got home; Joan walked into the bedroom where I was and showed me them and let me smell them... BUT WOULD NOT GIVE ME EVEN A CRUMB OF THE BROWNIES!!! So the healthy food plan paid off, and helped the healing. The dr wants to see us again in 2 month; he extended my time off to July 5, and said again, take your time, all your muscles are working differently now, you'll feel like yourself in 6 months.
so there ya have it.
The fatigue sets in easily, yesterday I had lab, OT and PT all visit, and was exhausted by late afternoon. didn't get a good nap. napping is essential... so...
good night for now! am going to a sheet show for a spell; I get to shower later today for the first time in 3 weeks... something has been REAKING in here lately... something stinks to high heaven... what the hell... it's me! hahahaaaa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes'm, that is true about the brownies, and the next day when I got to Jayne's I WAS SO MAD at Jordan because she did NOT eat the last brownie,,, so I HAD to eat it before Jayne saw it. Hey, I protect my sis and only do what's good for her! and by the by... nothing stinks in her house, and especially not Jaynie! You're doing great, sister.. don't get down!!! (chocolate will always be there) Joan

Anonymous said...

It's dad. he smells for sure! but don't tell him I said that.

Sasquatch said...

Good Job Mom! Soon Russ and Aut will be there to give you a kiss for me. Can I send Casey too? Then you will know that is is him that is stinkin! Glad you are doing well. Just think of me driving forklifts all day in the 90 degree sun trying not to get heatstroke! love you!

Anonymous said...

36 staples!!! That's more than I had (and yes, it hurt when they came out). Ah-h-h-h, that first shower..more fun than most anything. Can't wait to see you... luv & hugs...

Tara said...

Hey! I had staples once (or maybe twice?) It looked like someone had zipped me up. Glad you are doing well and keeping busy! ;)