Monday, June 04, 2007

I pray

One of the many reasons I am glad to be a Christian, a follower of the teachings of Jesus Christ, (not a perfect follower by any means, but a work in progress) is that deciding to pray can stop self pity so quickly. In times of pain, or fatigue, when I begin to feel like I cannot do one other thing, The Spirit reminds me that there are people who need prayer support and I try my best to lift them up in prayer for whatever needs they have that only God might know about. If I were to list all the folks who've come to mind for prayer in the past 3 weeks, it would even shock me! How can it be? How could all you well-adjusted people need so much prayer? What is wrong with you all?? Why can't you just carry your own burdens and problems and leave me alone?? hahahahaaa. LOL!
How heavy the burdens would be ifn we had to carry them all alone!! When someone prays for another person, the effect is accomplished somewhere in the unseen world, the spiritual realm. We may never get to know how a prayer for someone brought results. Prayers can be answered "yes" "no" "wait" or "maybe" if something specific is sought, but intangible results occur more often I believe. Such as, how do people make it through a tragedy, a death of someone they love, an illness, a time of despair or upheaval, and come out smelling like roses on the other side of the event, going on with their lives in strength and joy? What do you think? I think it has a lot to do with prayer support! So next time the Spirit (whether you believe in Him or not :)) ) brings someone in particular to your mind, pray for them, send up a good thought, or just think "gee, I hope ol' so-n-so is doing well". Tis all prayer, my friend. Tis all prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER..