Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Out of the mouth of babes

In trying to post what I'd just written, I found an old "draft" of a post Joan had done in May, so I posted it. It is difficult to find all the ins and outs of a newfandangled thing like blogs. hell I don't even know all the things my old cell phone is capable of yet, and I think I have had it for 2 years!
Autumn visited the other day. She is a real funny kid. She has always had the best one-liners blurt out of her mouth even when she was just beginning to talk. Blunt, honest and observant, she will need to tame herself with tact someday... if she can. That's hard to learn for some of us, mainly me.
Anyway, I was folding my laundry, mainly T-shirts and capris. I held up a pair of capris to shake them out, Autumn took one look at them and said, "WOW! THOSE ARE FAT! WHO WEARS THOSE HUGE PANTS?" I replied, "I do." She said, "Oops, my bad!" I began to laugh my head off, and she did too. Then of course, I had to justify myself telling her I needed to wear very loose pants for now because of my surgery on my hip. That helped me not one bit. She reminded me of last year when we were in Idaho to move her family there. Their dog Casey was greatly overweight, and had a big butt at the time. Casey stretched out one day in the kitchen and put his butt up in the air before lying down. We watched him and laughed at his big butt. After he got settled with his butt facing us, I got up, went over to him, turned my butt to Autumn and asked (stupidly!), "Who has the bigger butt, me or Casey?" I was surely shocked when she answered, "You, Gramma!". There be no guile in Autumn; you have to love that!

5 comments:

Tara said...

oh. no. she. di'int. :O what a rude little girl. What the heck do her parents teach her anyhow????? Which is kinda strange cuz it's not like she sees tiny pants at home. Geez.

Anonymous said...

Get Autumn's little hynie over here and I'll show her a pair of HUGE PANTS! Uncle Steve's! hahaha
Ya gotta LOVE the things grandkids say. What a blessing they are! God must really love us, because He invented them for our enjoyment. Sorry about the pain, Jayne. Soon you will do a cannonball into a pool with NO side effects!!!! JYK

Jordan(: said...

``oh.no.she.di`int``

now i know where autumn gets this language from.just to let you know auntie tara autumn runs around our hoouse yellin ``dont make me snap my fingers in a ``z`` formation!!and now she has got grandma doin that and itz REALLY anyoing!!!! HELP!!!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Gramma Jayne said...

Please ignore that Rodrigo's comment. He is apparently trying to sell personalized T-shirts and other clothing, but we already have a family menber who designs and personalizes shirts. So if you need shirts for sports team, work teams, family reunions, special events, etc, call me and I will connect you up with my son-in-law. He has his own screen print business at home! And he is the best! so don't EVEN call anyone else!