Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nuttin much goin on

Yo! How you doin'? Me too, doin' ok. I think about blogging then remember I never wanted to turn it into a diary; I just wanted to do it for a season to document the progress of hip replacement. So I will stick to that for now. The hip area is less sore each week, so I know progress in being made. But the area is tender if I accidentally bump it against something such as the side of a chair or chair arm; it's tender if the seat belt in the car rests on it or is too tight. I've put a large folded towel in my car so it can go into the bucket seat where I ride or drive from, otherwise the slanted side of the seat hurts the hip area. I still feel like I am sitting on a "knot" in the right butt, and get pangs of burning pain in the right femur/thigh area. Along with lower back pain and another bout with left para spinal muscle spasms, it has been hard to walk some days when all that is acting up. But the real reason for surgery was to relieve the right knee/leg pain and that expectation has been met. So the residuals I am left with were there before surgery, and will be dealt with as usual. No big deal. I ain't throwing away my wheelchair or leg brace unless I get another miracle; the hip surgery has been a miracle in itself I believe. For that I am grateful.
I have begun to read Joel Rosenberg's book about Israel and the Palestinian conflict, and how Russia and Iran are "bonding" (for lack of a better word that isn't so inflammatory). Eschatology and "end times" are interesting subjects!
Read on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is that cute one with you in the new photo? oh wait...it's me!
Everyone should read Joel Rosenburg's "Epicenter", informative stuff there that we don't get in the news. You are a trooper, Jaynie, going to the pool, mall, out to eat, driving and being the best sister in the universe! August 11th is the three month mark! You have given 100 % in the recovery process. We all should be as strong! Joan