Sunday, September 16, 2007

God, teach me something new!

This morning I went with Mike and our friend Joe to the church they have been attending for a few months. They really like it because the teaching is truly biblical and they enjoy the worship music. On the way to church I prayed to God to teach me something brand new so I can better live, as He wants me to live. The roof didn't fall in as I wheeled into the church; no lightening struck; the earth didn't shake and swallow me up, so I felt welcome after not going to church for so long. That was a good sign! So, after a few worship songs, it was time to turn and greet the people sitting around us. I didn't recognize anyone, but suddenly a lady comes up behind me and says, "I saw you when I walked in!" and says to Mike, "I've seen you here before but I didn't realize who you were!" It was a gal I learned to avoid at a church we attended 20 years ago!! And I still try to avoid her when I see her anywhere around town! Sooo.... what I learned today is that, by the grace and help of God, I really CAN hold my tongue when I want to scream " AW, CRAP! 'TIS YOU, OH NO!". I just said, "Hi, (Mz X)!" and then shut my big mouth again. That was my first lesson today... KEEP YER BIG MOUTH SHUT! Gee, my dad used to tell me that years ago; guess I didn't learn it then, so I can learn now. Can't WAIT to see what is the 2nd lesson I really need! But it too will probably be something I should've learned a long time ago!!! God really does have a sense of humor!
As to the healing matters, I had a PT treatment of Ultrasound/electrical stim to back muscles last week; there is a very hot spot that sends me through the roof with pain when it is pressed on. So we are still pursuing that for diagnosis and treatment. The last DR visit, I was denied an xray, so I messaged MD to ask for Xray last week after PT visit, but had no response yet. Kaiser demands patience, patience, and more patience from their patients. It's a ploy to put off health care to you whilst you slide to your demise, then they are off the hook, and you get to pay for your own funeral, but no refunds from Kaiser for burial. (just venting here, joking, you know me) No Kaiser employees should be reading this anyways!!

2 comments:

Sasquatch said...

How freaking funny! That is just what God would do to me. "Oh, you want to learn something new? OK here be nice to this person you hoped you would never see again! HAHA Welcome back to church my child! I love you!"
LOL too funny Ma.
Still praying and hoping the hip heals up well. Keep you sense of humor. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I hope to have some moments myself once we can get our butts back to church since all the weekend work is done for awhile.