Thursday, August 30, 2007

A New Plan

At the primary care doctor appt this week I got a new Rx for baclofen, an anti-spaz medicine that should help my back spasms go away. And a referral to P.T again for therapy to lessen chance of sciatic pain attacks. A new plan is better than just trying to cover up pain with pain pills at night while trying to get thru day without any Rx. So, we will hope for the best outcome now. I am still off work, and hope to get another month of disability to fix current problems. I await word from surgeon on that issue. To return to work in pain again would make me want to shoot meself.
It is blistering hot here this week; it was 108 degrees on our patio... in the shade... at 2 PM. The night didn't cool off too well like California nights usually do here. Seems we get 2 weeks of extreme heat every summer like this. I hope it doesn't last longer. So far, we have kept electricity flowing to run AC. Last summer we had 2 days without it and the night was terribly hot. We are so thankful for our comfortable life here; we're spoiled for sure when one hot night brings such miserable memories.
Mom-in-law was diagnosed with walking pneumonia last night when she went to urgent care for a swallowing problem; a hiatial hernia was found today in baruim swallow study and xrays. So she will discuss her options with her dr tomorrow but she's already refused surgery as an option! We'll see. A great fear of many people about going to the doctor are these "incidental" finds... many ailments are found during exams for non-related problems. Thankfully her incidental find is curable. Funny how we will put up with very annoying symptoms because we don't want to hear bad news. Of course, to me, BAD news is "you have to live with this symptom and do the best you can" while GOOD news would be "This is gonna kill ya". Heaven here I come!

3 comments:

Sasquatch said...

Dont go to soon Mom. I think the Lord still wants you here for a while!

Anonymous said...

Mz Jayne,
Altho there may be days when you feel you are ready to go to heaven... keep in mind... heaven is likely not ready for YOU!! Hang here with us a spell longer... I hope you are getting more pain-free each day... and don't forget to detox yer feet!

Anonymous said...

I Love You Aunt Jayne, that's all I can think of to say, Bill. That, and your in the list of Tylers and mine prayers every night. I often purposely leave someone out just so I can hear him correct me and tell me not to forget anyone. For the past few months every night he tells me a story, I tell him a story and then we say prayers and he goes to sleep. His imagination and ability to make up a story on the spot has gotten incredible for his age since we started doing this. I really like these blogs, I'd like to make one of my own soon. Actaully, I'm positive I have a few books in me,(maybe a movie or 2 as well,) I'm just not sure I'll ever let them out of my head and thrown into the open. God Bless, I know He does, I've been a little too snoty and selfish to see it lately to be perfectly honest, but I know He does. Cause the book of John that I'm reading again tells me so. Anyway, I hope you get this, I'm not even sure if I get through, Love, Bill.