Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Please vote here

Hey all, my grand daughter, who knows so much, showed me how to post a poll. So vote on my blog for the big Kelly question... "Will Joan and Steve move to Kentucky??". You have 2 weeks to vote because it will take at least that long, I think, for them to decide. They are in KY now and should be out looking at housing in the next couple of weeks. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TYLER TODAY!! His party is later in the week.
Yesterday we saw the Physical Medicine Dr. He said my back rib crays show no fracture, but there are arthritic places and osteoporosis. He ordered a bone scan to further check for bone damage or break. Also gave me a new type of back support to wear to hopefully decrease the back pain. When the office nurse put it on me HE said, "Now, when you lose weight..." gently reminding me I HAVE TO lose wt... (I hadn't mentioned yet trying to lose!) he said brace would fit better. a good motivation to lose, eh?
Here... wear this every day... but it won't feel good or be comfortable til you're not so fat!.... Bye-Bye!!
Dr asked about my walking, I had to be honest that walking makes back worse, and if back is helped, I would walk more; got a new hip so why not? I still use the walker in the house much of time, especially first thing in morning and later in day when I feel exhausted.
We see surgeon tomorrow and will get his input as well. Dr yesterday didn't think I need a shoe lift on left leg, will ask surgeon his opinion too. Drs still use those little boards... 1/4, 3/8 inch etc ... for me to stand on to see how spine straightens out and if hip bones level out with a lift under shoe ... just like when I was a kid in polio Dr's office. Some things just cannot be improved on. You might think in this day and age, a DR could just take a computer scanner wand, scan your ass and look at the computer screen and say "Yep, you need a shoe lift!" or "Nope, no need." So... I keep on getting flashbacks of all the Dr visits when I was a kid; some good, some crappy, some just neutral. I do like it when Mike goes to Dr with me tho; reminds me of when Mom used to do all the talking and I just co-operated with the exam saying yes or no to simple questions directed at me. Most questions were directed at her tho, and my only job was to co-operate and not cry. Mike has been so helpful... but I still want to cry! There still must be remnant of that 9 year old kid thinking "I've had enough already! Leave me the hell alone!".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to explain my vote. i voted who knows because aunt joan changes her mind more than she changes her underwear!!!! hahha my mom told me that

Tara said...

Thanks for the DR update. You are so inspirational! And I don't know why they keep telling you to lose weight, I think you are fine just the way you are. Off to vote...

Sasquatch said...

Mom, I like reading your blog because it makes me realize that things are not so bad. Either for me or you. I know it is hell for you somedays just to get out of bed (or even stay in bed probably) but we are free to be left alone with our pain and suffering! We can believe in God and trust Jesus without putting our heads on the chopping block. Thanks for all you inspiration. You really do make us all feel better with the way you face your life challenges. I hope and pray for better physical stuff for you all the time but may Gods will be done right? One day you will run and jump as that 9 year old girl dreams of doing! Love you! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

joan and Steve will NEVER move to KY because he can't buy beer on Sunday and Joan is finding perfect houses but they are way over budget unless the Pope house is sold. (and I do change my underwear every 3 days, IF I remember) but geez it is lovely here in Ky, and green, and peaceful, and birds singing and horses whinny-ing and orange-purple sunsets and I bet U wish U were here!!!!! Joan