Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mental health day

Today my twin calls at 9:30 am and says... can I come and get you to go to Ventura with me... I NEED A MENTAL HEALTH DAY!!! So... of course I say YES because I just can't tell her that if she's goin' down, she ain't taking me with her,,, that'd be rude of me. So she comes over and gets me and we ride to ventura. After a bit of sightseeing of beach homes in Silver Strand area, we stop at a taco joint named Pepe's that is just a walk-up shack with some outside tables. it wasn't too busy, but after we got our 2 taco plates, a bunch of more people came. Obviously a local favorite food hang out. We had a nice outdoor lunch, avoided feeding the pidgeons because those rascals keep on begging once you start feeding them, and they call their friends from miles around to come get a meal too... THE TACOS AND BEANS AND CHIPS WERE SO DARN GOOD!!! In fact, we took PIA with us, and have a short video for you to watch of our mental health day views. It is on my You tube page. I tried and even got Jordan to try to upload the video to my blog, but we can't do it. I used to be able to do it, now I cannot do it,... so if you have pointers for me, let me know.
At our favorite joke shop in the Ventura Marina area, we ran into family friends Marthea and Ron who invited us over to their mobile home in the area because it was marthea's b'day. So we went over and saw their home, it is gorgeous... a triple wide that is fantastic, and we visited for a spell. Sue and Buzz showed up as well, and Buzz's brother from No Cal was there too. Nice visit!
We solved the world's problems, enjoyed the sun and clear skies of ventura, and now I can plunge into another work week with vigor. It has been soooo busy at work what with open enrollment for our hmo. we actually are getting many new members even in this crappy economy. I hope it keeps up; job security for me!
see ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Jayne, Ms jayne, ms jayne... what am I to do with you??? Going off to eat at a taco stand in Gawdknowswhere! Ya know, there is a restaurant rating system using A, B, and C... did you wonder what that H placard was in the window?? AND... going off alone with your twin sister; you should know by now that woman is crazy as a loon (I still love her though). Glad you got home safe from your MENTAL HEALTH getaway!

Sasquatch said...

Too much fun for you two! Get back to the safety and sanity of work! LOL Too bad there was no snow for you guys. I can tell AJ really misses the snow. Come on up! We are bound to have more soon!

Anonymous said...

Sasquatch: I miss the snow as much as I miss hemroids, bunions, and gall bladder attacks.
AJ