Friday, January 23, 2009

Fingerprints, Maria and other stuff

Today I went to a place in an industrial complex to get my fingerprints scanned and submitted to the FBI and DOJ. I need to do this in order to renew my RN licence in the future. Imagine! A little ol gramma nurse who can hardly get out of her own way, minds her own business, (sometimes) wouldn't hurt a flea (unless necessary) and has never been arrested (yet)... needing fingerprints on file.
But times change, and a few rotten eggs have spoiled it for the rest of us outstanding citizens.
So, I pay 71 bucks, and the "trained fingerprint roller" plugs his laptop into a scanner and we begin the scanning process. He says, "oh, you're not showing good definition, and the prints are being rejected." I think, "What the hell?"
He asks, so have you been working? I say, "Yes, I work my fingers to the bone!"
He doesn't even smile.
I says, what now?
He says, we will try again. But first I had to rub some sticky stuff on my fingers to try to "raise the definition".
So... each finger and thumb was rolled at least 4 times, red lights kept flashing, he kept hitting a refresh button or something, and finally he says...
"OK. You may get a letter of rejection, so if you do, come back here and for free we will re-submit them".
I asked, "WHY?" "won't they just get rejected again"?
He says, "yes, but if they get rejected a second time, we will have the FBI ID you by a name search."
damn!! I think I will run this by Glenn Beck on Fox news channel and see if he thinks this is screwy.



So, here is a picture from a few years ago of my at my desk working at work. I hope I get my license renewed by June 30 so I can keep on going into work at that lovely desk!!

For family... Maria, as in dad and Maria... called today, she wanted to respond to Christmas cards. I'd sent her a card and a picture. She is 90, doing well. Had to stop driving due to glaucoma, but decorated her home inside and out for Christmas, still reads a lot, sews, and is loving life. She eats healthy, but bags on her daughter Sandy to stop eating meat and all that fatty stuff, but Sandy don't listen.
So... she still talks of "my JeeMee" (JImmy) and he was the love of her life. Dad left her alone too soon!
Maria says to tell all the family she says "HI" and hopes we are all well.
gotta run. enough for now.
Be well!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't fool me, you don't LOOK like you are workin in that picture. My guess is that you have rubbed your fingerprints right off with all that video-picture-taking-bloggin you do. Or maybe the guy should have had you take those latex nurses gloves off!
JYK

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! Think all the things you could do now that you know you are 'untraceable'!!! you are the envy of every criminal. Just what you wanted at this stage of your life, huh?

Sasquatch said...

That is the perfect illustration of our asinine govt. Please don't tell Glenn or blood will shoot out of his eyes! I don't think he can handle anymore idiocy. I hope it works out and they don't put you through much more bull crap!

Thanks for the update on Maria. Does she remember all of us kids?

Gramma Jayne said...

WOW! I never thought of being untraceable! I suspect Lucy would give me away if I try to lift Twinkies or Ho-Hos, but.... If I haul-ass... maybe...
LOL. Maria remembers all you kids and wishes she knew YOUR kids. Her grandkid Elena has one kid and Poncho never married but might have one Maria never sees. I couldn't quite sort that out as Maria was ESL through that tale. and my Spanish isn't that good... yet! She did say "fuchica!" a few times!

Anonymous said...

I think you'd better stop coloring your hair grey... that dye is eating off your ridges!