Monday, April 30, 2007

Coming soon: a new hip

Tomorrow will be my last working day before my hip surgery May 11. My pre-op appts are Thursday May turd. I sure hope nothing stands in the way of surgery this time, like when dental problems postponed this surgery in March. I am more than ready to donate this right hip to the useless body parts pile! Since the dr told me my right knee pain comes from the arthritis in the right hip, I should be knee-pain free when I recover. Yeah! That would be such a blessing. When my knee hurts, it feels like a giant took a very large sledge hammer, slammed it into my knee and then sat on it for awhile. very painful. And when the weather changes, the hip joint itself screams out in terror as the arthritis runs amok chewing on muscles, tendons, ligaments, and anything else it can find to gnaw on. If the polio doctors hadn't scared me into believing joint replacement isn't good for polios, and that the outcome might not be positive, I would've been healed by now from hip surgery. But, what the hell. I made my decisions, poor as they might've been, and I live with them. Have done ok for an old polio fart if I do say so meself.
Oh, I talked to a ghost writer today and he/she agrees to blog for me about my situation and recovery while I am in the hospital. Cool, eh? Place your bets now on who you think it will be! Hint: fetgitaboutit! You have to guess!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad you are taking some time off before the surgery! We are praying for you and know when it's all said and done that you will be happy with the results!

ol'auntJoan said...

ya killin me, Haynie! you are so funny. U B A great blogger!