Friday, October 26, 2007

RTW

TWO special people to remember today: Kris my couch baby is 35 and Autumn Rose my granddaughter is 10. Happy Birthday, Ladies! They both have special plans for their birthday nights, and I hope they have lots of fun. We get to sit for #1 Jarvi son while Kris goes to dinner.

I drove to Kaiser Hospital today to get my RTW (Return To Work) paper from the hip surgeon. The skies are so smoky/foggy and yucky-brown in the Valley. Not much better here in Simi, but at least we don't have ashes dropping all over everything, and we have been spared fires for now in our community. Thank God for that blessing. After all the fires we've been through here, I am thankful at this time we have little cleanup, and everything is intact.
Monday I will return to work; almost 6 months off to recuperate. I am doing so much better than 2 months ago as far as residual hip pains and back pain goes. I needed the extra time to let the symptoms lessen. It will still be a challenge to go to work and complete the day, but I am up for it and ready to go. If I had to do the surgery again, I would do it because the right leg was so bad off and I had so much pain every day. It's nice to get relief! I have lost 8 lbs and hope to never find it again. I will try to continue to lose at a slow pace, changing eating habits of long standing, and hopefully get down to a more sensible level of weight for these old bones to bear.
The old movie "Cat Ballou" with Lee Marvin and Jane Fonda has a scene in it of Lee Marvin as an old alcoholic gunslinger who gets himself ready for a gunfight one hungover day. He takes a long time to get dressed, piece of clothing by piece of clothing, and finally he get his ass out the door, ready, and willing to go to into battle. I'll think of that scene as I dress for work: over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder; long sleeveless T shirt; back brace over T-shirt, a blouse over all that; compression socks, short leg brace in left orthopedic shoe; make sure right shoe matches left shoe; loose pantalones that don't cut off venous circulation. Oh my!
:))
It's a workout just to get ready; who needs an exercise plan? THAT'S my workout.
I look forward to it; and I will like getting the paycheck again. I know "they" will throw me a welcome back party: it will be 6 months of backed-up new-member paperwork "thrown" at me to sort through and log. But I can do it! I am UNION tough now! I know when to demand my breaks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean Monday, as in TOMORROW??? Hey, good show... hope you have a great pain-free day at work. Just don't over-do it right off the bat... things-to-do have waited for six months... what's a few more days? Take care & enjoy. Love ya...

Jenny Wren said...

I still can't believe you had her on the couch. I hope you are feeling better!