Monday, May 25, 2009

happy B'day to Sister-twin-friend


Joan said she'd buy me lunch ifn I put my 7th grade ugly picture on my blog instead of just showing ugly pictures of everyone else. I insist I have no ugly pictures of anyone else! I just have this one of me... November 1959.... The summer after 6th grade, we got ducktail haircuts, got our long hair cut off to have a "cool" summer. The only way to tame the hair was to use Butch Wax. Butch Wax was cool in 1959. The connotation is NOT so cool in 2009.

Anyways...
it has been a good journey with a twin. She has been there for me in many ways... helping me to roller skate, ride a 2wheeler, decking a kid on the playground at school once when he made fun of my limping.
We had fun confusing people who could not tell us apart at times.
Here's us in 1948:
and again with Big Brother:

Here we are in 1986, heading into our 40's:
and, how did this happen so fast... here we are banging on the door of our 60's. I was recovering from yet again another surgery while she helped me recover nicely, (and helped Mike as well...)

We still scratch our heads simultaneously, pick up a cup to drink at the same time, blurt out the same thing at the same time unrehearsed. it is a twin thing; can't explain it, it just is.
So Happy Birthday tomorrow, Girla; here is to many more good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened by your blog today and just had to post. I love the pictures and writings about you and your twin. Lovely sentiments.

Sasquatch said...

Love the pics!
Happy Birthday to my favorite twins! Love you Both so much!
Love, tj/pinny

Anonymous said...

Yup! Ya did it and I owe ya lunch.
tacos?

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday ladies!!!

Anonymous said...

that last pic is my favorite, shows just how alike you two really are. Happy birthday mama!! Love you so much, hope you had a fun bbq today, and hope you have the best day tomorrow. If anyone is mean to them, just punch them and tell them IT'S MY DAMN BIRTHDAY!!

love you!!! kim

Anonymous said...

what i meant to say is if anyone is mean to you at work tomorrow, punch their lights out. i'm tired and need to go to bed. to many parties this weekend, my head is full of chlorine.
kimmyberly