Monday, August 27, 2007

Slow healing

It sure seems to me that I should be A-OK by now but that is not yet the case. Several times I have found myself in situations where my weak left leg just won't effectively help me to step up, or rise up from a chair, and I have to use the operated-on right leg to step up or lift up... and then I seem to tax it too much and get a strain that hurts for a few days, or else the prosthesis (which takes 6 months to grow bone around it) slightly moves and causes burning pain for a few days. That's how I imagine it anyway. Then I have a few days setback while the "new" pain gets under control. My back is spasming more, driving or walking unaided bring the back spasms on. Man, are they painful at times. So, I am using the walker more in the house, and trying to not walk much unaided because it is so much of an effort. I started Weight Watchers a month ago, hopefully by this time next year I will not be lugging so much blubber around. That might help a bit, but the weak muscles affected by old polio nerves can't be helped much. Maybe I need to accept that my walking days are history without help of a walker or canes. Time will tell. I see my primary care Dr tomorrow about the back pain. No feedback on the "gait evaluation" in P.T. yet. I suspect the report simply states: "She walks crooked. Needs help".
I've been enjoying a book about President Bush the 41st written by his daughter Doro. Very entertaining. I like the guy a lot. And his son too. If you don't... well, just shut up! this is MY blog!
Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like him too and his son...

Sasquatch said...

I love you Mom. Keep the faith. I like H.W. and W. too. They are great for making jokes on late night shows!

Sasquatch said...

Hang in there Mom. Keep the faith. I love you!